Monday, October 3, 2011

Pizza, Beef Stew, and Pancakes

On Saturday we had pancakes at a kid's birthday party.

On Sunday I made Beef Stew:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/old-time-beef-stew-recipe/index.html
It was soooo good!  I substituted potatoes for celery because we had them and I'd rather eat potatoes than celery in beef stew anyway :)

This morning I am making Pumpkin Pancakes - with Almond Meal instead of regular white flour.

We are on this gluten-free journey to help Madeline with her tummy troubles.  So far it seems to be helping.
I looked at a few recipes for Almond Meal Pumpkin Pancakes and didn't really find the one that I wanted so I used them as guidelines, and kind of made up my own recipe.  Here's what's in it:

-2 C almond meal (from Trader Joes)
-1/8 C brown sugar
-1 t baking soda
-1 t cinnamon
-1/2 t salt
-1/2 t nutmeg
-1/4 t ginger
-1/8 t ground cloves
-1/2 C pumpkin
-3 T melted butter
-3 eggs
-1/4 C rice milk (any kind of milk will do)

I mixed it all together and...

They were delicious!


2 comments:

Laura said...

Oops - that's pizza at a kids bday party, not pancakes :) I wrote it early this morning...

Anonymous said...

Yum these look fantastic Laura!! I just made tiny pumpkin muffins from this recipe http://www.paleoplan.com/2009/12-03/paleo-pumpkin-muffins/
and added chocolate chips-they are awesome! I love the pumpkin stuff right now! Your blog is seriously great I'm going here every day from now on! :) You should check mine out although it's not nearly as awesome. www.littlepaleokitchen.wordpress.com