Sunday, October 30, 2011

2 meals

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/braciole-recipe/index.html

We had this the other night.  It is absolutely amazing!  It's the third time I've made it.  It can be a very time consuming meal, unless you already have some of her tomato sauce in your freezer, which I happened to have yesterday.  We also had a side salad of red and green leaf lettuce, chopped apples, pecans, blue cheese, and Trader Joes Champagne Pear Vinaigrette.

Tonight, we are having a recipe from my dad: Chile Relleno Casserole
Ingredients:
-2 cans whole mild green chiles (but I just used 1 can of chopped)
-8 corn tortillas torn 1" strips
-1/2 lb each jack and cheddar cheeses
-2-3 tomatoes, sliced - but I used 4 romas
-8-10 eggs
-1 t each salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder
-1/4 t onion salt
-Paprika

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350F.
-Grease 9x13 casserole dish
-Cut chiles in half and lay out flat in bottome of pan **I put my chopped chiles on top of the tortillas, so the tortillas were my bottom layer.**
-Cover chiles with 1/2 tortillas, 1/2 tomatoes, and 1/2 cheese
-Repeat for 2nd layer
-Beat eggs and spices
-Pour on top
-Sprinkle with paprika
-Bake for 40 min uncovered until knife comes out clean.
-Let stand for 10 min.

No comments: