Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Checking in...

Yes, if you can see the baby "countdown" now turned "count-up" it is correct... I am 3 days overdue! What a different experience this has been! I was 1.5 hrs past my due date with Madeline so I've never known this overdue feeling. Not to mention I've been dilated to 3 for almost 2 weeks, having several bouts of false labor/pre-labor over the last 2 weeks, and contracting off and on daily for the last 2 days...!!! I can't believe we have not met our stubborn Carly yet!

Everyday that goes by I try to think of reasons why it's good that she's not here yet... tonight is Madeline's first ballet recital. It's looking pretty promising that I'm going to make it to that and have a baby snug and protected in my belly. So Carly, if you're reading this, tonight after the recital would be a good time to kick it into gear!

Tomorrow we have our first post-due date appointment... never had one of those! I'm not sure what to expect from it - probably just checking on Carly and scheduling our "induction" :( We are really praying that we do not make it to this point! I would normally be the type of person that would go 2 weeks, in hopes that my baby had the chance to enter into the world when she was ready, but with Christmas being next week, this makes it kinda tricky - especially because Carly is not our first - we don't want to be gone from Madeline during Christmas! That said, we are going to see if we can get in for our induction on Friday or Saturday. We both had really hoped, and have been preparing for a "drug-free" labor - this would mean avoiding pitocin too. I'm hoping that because my body is so ready - being dilated and "ripe" as they say, that just breaking my water will do and I will go straight into a wonderful labor pattern :) This however could possibly not work, and we might need pitocin afterall. We know that God is in control and have been praying for his presence during labor. If you think of us, you could do that too :)

Hopefully my next post will be with great pictures of our new family! Merry (almost) Christmas!

No comments: